Workpieces produced on CNC lathes, multi-spindle machines, sliding headstock automatic lathes can be directly marked on the machine using Böni marking tools. It doesn't matter whether they are required to mark one or several characters, one, two or three lines.
Our marking tools mainly operate according to the principle of the resilient marking wheel. Our marking tools mainly operate according to the principle of the resilient marking wheel. After the marking wheel having been pressed into the rotating workpiece, the marking wheel rotates until end of text. After that, the tool is taken away from the workpiece and the installed spring provides for a rapid reset of the marking wheel to its starting position. The tool is ready for marking again. This entire process happens in a split second. There are various standard tools available for peripheral marking or flat stamping.
Important advantages of marked workpieces:
- Identification of workpieces.
- Differentiation from other providers and/or
- no-name products.
- Retraceability of the product up to the supplier.
- Batch separation and batch traceability.
There are different marking variants available on the market for applying marking, either by laser, needle embosser, inkjet printer, etching etc.
However, all of them feature the same disadvantages:
- Workpieces must be transported from the production machine to the marking machine via a transport route.
- Workpieces are stored temporarily until being ready for marking.
- Clamping devices must be produced for fixing workpieces for the marking process.
- The marking machine must be established.
- Danger of confusion in case of similar components.
Advantages of Böni marking tools over other products or manufacturers:
- Low investment costs.
- Tools equipped with needle bearing and/or axial bearing.
- Solid construction.
- No risk of double marking with the resilient system.
- Shortest marking time of all marking systems available.
- All marking wheels and segments are made from high-quality tool steel, ensuring high compressive strength and consequently excellent tool life.
- Durable marking of workpieces, even readable in case of rusting.
- Customer-oriented solutions realizable.
Our strength is providing problem solutions where a standard tool is not the ideal solution.
Ask our technicians for a solution, maybe we have the right thing for you.
Marking is a mechanical process during which a stamp is pressed into a material by applying force. Due to the forces exerted by the stamp on the workpiece, the material is formed. This is called cold forming.
Consequently, by applying suitable stamps it is possible to press in a marking on a workpiece such as item numbers, logos, serial numbers or charge numbers. So the workpieces are durably marked and seamless traceability is ensured.
There are many ways for marking workpieces.
Here a small selection:
- Manual marking punch
- Electrolytic marking (etching)
- Inkjet printer
- Electrical engraving
However, all the procedures mentioned above have one thing in common, they are time-consuming and do not happen directly on the production machine.
The turned parts are completely produced on a lathe without any marking.
The following variants are available:
- Marking of the workpieces is done on another machine:
Marking machines involve high investment costs and it must be considered how rapidly a marking can be applied on the workpiece. Transit and wait times require consideration. Being able to stretch the workpiece requires suitable clamping devices or appliances which also cause high investment costs.
- Machine operator marks during machine run time.
The workpieces are marked by means of a manual marking punch. The parts are irregularly deeply marked, oblique and do not show any unique distances, so optically insufficient.
The solution of the problems mentioned and cost reduction is:
Böni marking tools.
Marking workpieces is mandatory for the production machine for the purpose of time and cost saving. When producing turned parts on lathes the marking process may be included as an additional operation with the versatility and rapidity playing an important part.
Böni stamping tools are so versatile that there are
hardly any limits.
Rotationally symmetric components may be stamped at the periphery, in grooves, in the corner, on a plane surface, in a plane groove, in the drill, a cone, an edge break or even on a hexagonal surface. You can select between two marking wheels which are fixed engraved or marking wheels where individual characters can be exchanged. The range of different marking tools is very complex and so is our advisory service as well. Not only marking on lathes can be realized. Stamping tools on milling machines achieve saving of time for constantly recurring markings.
Time is our most precious commodity, so we utilize time. Our tools are designed that way that marking is durably engraved in a component within shortest time. Thanks to this technology we are in the position to apply a marking on the workpiece within milliseconds.